If you haven’t had a bowl from Chipotle then you are seriously missing out. No worries though, you can make one at home just as easy! We have been making these at home for a few years. Super simple! You can throw these ingredients together for a week night dinner. It could be great for a party. Just set up a table with a plethora of prepared ingredients for everyone to serve themselves buffet style. Either way if you end up with left overs you can use it throughout the week in lunches, to make salads, wraps, eggs, etc.
You can use lean beef, fish, chicken, or even tofu if you’re into that sort of thing. Today I made fish and chicken. I just used my quick and simple shredded chicken recipe and added a little dried dill, garlic powder, and pepper to give it a slight “ranch” taste.
You can throw this together in 25-30 minutes depending on which ingredients you decide on. I was able to throw mine together in 30 minutes. That includes cooking/shredding chicken, making fish, rice, pico, guac, and prepping all of the other ingredients. Not bad.
- Shredded Chicken + dried dill weed
- Cod fish
- Cilantro Lime Brown Rice
- Black Beans
- Fat free Greek yogurt
- Cherry tomatoes halved
- Chopped green onion
- Shredded cheddar
- Prepare all ingredients and put in serving bowls.
- Serve with lemons, limes, and cilantro for using or garnish.
- Thawed Cod fish
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 TBS Cajun Seasoning (garlic, paprika, cayenne pepper, pepper, salt)
- Lemon Juice
- Lay foil on baking sheet and turn up the edge so juices don’t run off.
- Lightly spray foil with cooking spray. You can work with the fish over the foil.
- Rub 1 tsp of olive oil over each fillet (I used two fillets)
- Put ½ TBS of seasoning on each fillet, rub into top and bottom of fillet.
- Put in cold oven, turn on to 400 degrees and set timer for 25 minutes.
- Check to see it flakes at the end of cooking.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over top.
- For "Chipotle" style bowl gently flake fish with a fork and put in serving bowl.
- 2 cups quick cooking brown rice
- 2 cups chicken stock or 1 bouillon cube
- ¼ cup cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- Cook rice according to directions in chicken stock or with water + chicken bouillon.
- Once cooked stir in cilantro and lime juice.
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 green onion
- 1 small clove garlic
- Handful cilantro (with stems)
- Add all ingredients to blender.
- Blend it allowing it to be slightly chunky.
- Salt to taste.
- 2 small avocados
- 2 TBS of pico (or salsa)
- Lemon juice
- Remove the flesh of the avocado into a bowl.
- Mash with a fork leaving some chunks.
- Add the pico and mix.
- Squeeze lemon on top to keep it from browning.
Kylee Gumm says
I love Chipotle! This is a great idea. Thanks for sharing.
Lisa @ Healthy Nibbles & Bits says
What gorgeous and colorful chipotle bowl! This would go down well for dinner!
Thanks Lisa, your blog is beautiful. I can’t wait to check out some of your recipes.