Not much to this Lentil soup. It’s my favorite. I’ve been making this almost every week lately and I eat on it throughout the week. I don’t really know what moorish means but I call this soup moorish. It gives you that ‘this is delicious I want more’ feelings because its thick and creamy (with no cream). It is super filling. There is no fat added. It’s basically Veg and lentils and is just so good and comforting. Good vegan protein!
Author: Recipe Righter
- 2.5 cup red split lentils
- 8 cups water
- 1 russet style potato or 2-4 smaller red potatoes, diced
- 3-4 chopped carrots
- 2 small white onions or 1 large
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1 veggie bouillon (optional)
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 TBS Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- Add water to a large stock pot over high heat.
- Add all ingredients except for the salt (salt changes how lentils cook).
- Bring to a boil then simmer medium-low until everything is softened. I did about 30 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and salt to taste, stir to combine
- Blend the mixture (you may need to do this in batches) and return to stock pot.
- It will thicken when stored in the refrigerator, you can add a little water when reheating to thin it out if desired.
Leave a Reply