This lemon pesto salmon and zoodles is so refreshing. Salmon is one of those things I didn’t start cooking until recently. I was scared to cook it. Scared it wouldn’t cook all the way, wasn’t sure how I would season it. It was expensive anytime I looked at it in the store, so I just kept on moving. Lately I’ve been buying it frozen from a Whole Foods. It comes out to about $3 per fillet. It’s worth it to me and the husband enjoys it.
Super great way to fulfill part of your fish twice a week quota. Not to mention so delicious.
I’ve started cooking all my fish the same way. I cook my cod like this too and it’s always perfect. Dress it up however I feel fit. Then put it in a cold oven, set it to 425 and let it go for 25 minutes. If it’s a thinner piece of fish I’ll do 400. Done. Perfect. Delicious.
You don’t have to buy an expensive spiralizer to make zoodles either. I bought mine in a 19.99 section at some store a while ago because I just HAD TO HAVE IT THAT SECOND. Does that ever happen to you? Anyway it’s much cheaper on amazon. Lets see… here it is. Same one.
- Lemon slices
- 4 squash spiralized
- Cover salmon in pesto.
- Slice lemon and place slices on top securing with a tooth pick.
- Turn oven on to 400 degrees, and place the fish in the oven while still cold.
- Set timer for 25 minutes and remove when timer is done.
- Clean and spiraled your zucchini squash.
- In a bowl lightly coat it with pesto sauce.
- Cook in a pan over medium heat for 3-5 minutes depending on the texture you prefer.
- Add it back to the bowl and add more pesto to coat.
- Season with pepper and the juice of 1 lemon.
- Serve while still warm.
Leave a Reply