It’s called the Magic Green Salad because of its disappearing abilities! This salad disappeared very quickly. I think it might have something to do with the deliciously crusty roasted potatoes and asparagus. Just a guess though.
The picture makes the salad look small, but it’s really on a huge platter. If you don’t already follow a plant based diet, try this out for a meatless Monday dinner. I think you’ll be satisfied.
I made an avocado dressing for this but I think it would be really great with balsamic vinaigrette as well. And to get your zucchini really thin use a mandoline if you have one. I’ve become obsessed with these thin sliced grilled zucchini. They’re so good!
- For the Salad:
- 1 bag baby spinach
- ½ head of chopped Romaine
- 10 small potatoes
- 1 green zucchini
- 2 cups sweet snow peas
- 1 bundle of asparagus
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- For the Dressing:
- 1 avocado
- Handful of cilantro
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 TBS balsamic vinegar
- 1 TBS spicy mustard
- 1 TBS Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash potatoes and quarter them.
- Add potatoes to a baking sheet (don’t crowd them) lightly coat with olive oil, toss, and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Roast potatoes for about 20 minutes then flip and roast about 10-15 more minutes and remove from oven.
- Cut woody ends off asparagus, add to a lined baking sheet and lightly spray with cooking oil, season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Roast asparagus for 10-15 minutes depending on thickness and your preferred texture.
- Cut asparagus in half.
- Trim ends off zucchini and slice into thin strips; a mandolin works best.
- Lay zucchini strips on a hot grill pan to soften and give grill marks.
- Wash and drain spinach and chopped romaine.
- Trim snow peas if needed and cut in half.
- To make the dressing process all ingredients except for water in a food processor.
- Adjust seasonings for preferred flavor.
- Thin out the mixture to your preferred thickness or thinness using water.
- Toss lettuce/spinach in dressing, add to a large serving dish and top with the snow peas, zucchini, asparagus, and roasted potatoes.
Leave a Reply