A girl that I went to school with taught me how to make this. I added oats to it for some fiber! I bet it would also be good with nuts for some added nutritional value. I think it could also work with other cake mix flavors. The options are endless. I have yet to try it any other way because this is pretty darn classic!
This would be so fun to have at a kids party, you could give out individual slices and let them decorate their own piece with icing. Or you could make it for your significant other and write a message on it. Happy Birthday, Welcome home, Sorry I yelled at you! 😉 It’s a fun little surprise that is so easy to make.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 box vanilla pudding
- 1 ½ cups quick oats
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup oil
- ¼ cup + 2 TBS water
- 1 cup chocolate chips or M&Ms
- 11 inch round baking pan
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all the ingredients except for the chocolate chips or M&Ms, dough will be thick
- Once combined fold in chocolate chips or M&Ms
- Spray your baking pan and put mixture in center
- Flatten out the mixture with your fingers; you can use a sheet of sprayed parchment paper if you don’t want to get messy
- Once it is evenly distributed you can place it in your oven for about 18-20 minutes
- Let cool then carefully remove it from your pan and decorate
Thalia @ butter and brioche says
This is such an awesome recipe! I never would have thought to make a cookie cake before, thanks for the inspiration and great recipe!
Thank you Thalia. I hope you make one, this one is very easy to throw together. From what I can tell from your blog- it will be amazing if you do 😉
Erica Feinglass says
I bet it tastes dreamy with the oats added! I can’t take any of the credit though for the original recipe. I got it from here. http://parentpretty.com/cake-mix-cookie-bars-recipe/
Your blog looks great! Can’t wait to read more. I hope everything for you and Phil is going well.
Well I am so glad you shared it with me! I love it. Thanks for letting me know, I will update the post. We are doing very well for us- I hope you are too!